Want to join Mirriad?
Interested in becoming part of our team at Mirriad?
Don’t see the career opportunity or internship you are looking for?
Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
We are fortunate, as we have been able to establish successful partnerships with a number of suppliers who understand our business, industry and culture, who are now working with us on a preferred supplier basis. If you would like to be considered for any future reviews please email us on email@example.com
We have an opening for a C++ expert to develop our video based applications, consisting of:
- Computer vision algorithms implemented in C++ and Cuda
- A rendering pipeline using OpenGL and other GPU-based rendering technologies
- User interface layer written using Qt
- Messaging to other workflow applications using ActiveMQ
Experience in any or all of these technologies will be an advantage, but the most important skill will be knowledge and experience of object -oriented design and the ability to build and maintain a large and complex C++ application. The developer will join the video application R&D team containing several computer vision and video software experts. The main roles of the new team member will be:
- Create and maintain new C++ tools
- Support the interfaces between the C++ applications and other workflow applications
Depending on the skills and interests of the successful application there will also be opportunities to in other technology areas. The main relevant technology areas are:
- C++ and object-oriented design and practice (essential)
- nVidia Cuda
- OpenGL and Cg
- MS Windows and Linux tools
- MXF and Quicktime video formats (knowledge of mxflib, libquicktime, ffmpeg SDKs would be useful)
- Agile processes
- R for statistical analysis
- Python for machine learning and scripting tasks
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Location: London, UK (with overseas travel)
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager who will take on the management and oversight of key client projects with the goal of delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope. The Project Manager will need to assess the level of project resource required for each individual roll out and ensure that that resource is brought into the organization at the relevant time.
Currently Mirriad has no project expertise in the business so we are seeking someone who can build that capability, as well as managing key projects in the short term while the function is built.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall delivery of Mirriad’s commercialisation Project and ensuring that its benefits are realised.
Role & Responsibilities
- Understand Mirriad’s technology and operational processes so that they can be templated and rolled out to a variety of different clients across the globe
- Create standard process documentation as necessary
- Take responsibility and ownership for delivery of key client projects on behalf of the senior team
- Build a project management capability in the business and make recommendations of how to resource those projects
- Initially take a hands on approach to projects and not be afraid to “get their hands dirty” on specific projects
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Define project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical and operational feasibility
- Determine resource availability and allocation
- Ensure detailed project plans are developed to monitor and track progress
- Take overall responsibility for changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure overall project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
This job description is proved to assist the post holder to know their principle duties It may be amended however from time to time in consultation with the job holder.
- Ensure regular reporting to senior management and ad hoc reports as needed
- Build and establish successful professional relationships with clients and internal stakeholders customers
- Perform risk management to minimise project risks
Ideal candidate profile
- Degree in a relevant discipline
- Formal project / Project management accreditation
- Experience in Media or Technology
Skills and Knowledge
- Experienced portfolio/project manager in a commercial environment
- Proven working experience in project management in the media and/or technology sector
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Budget management expertise
- Advanced monitoring and reporting skills
- 5+ years working in projects
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of project methodology
- Understanding of potential sources of risk and their impact on project success
- Well-developed stakeholder management skills
- Well-developed negotiation and conflict management skills
- Very good educational background
Please apply with your Full CV and not just your profile. You must have the right to work freely in the UK already in place.
SENIOR / MID LEVEL JAVA DEVELOPER
The role involves working on our micro service architecture. Planned work includes:
- Content Management
- Business Reporting.
- Prediction models for selling advertising slots.
- Ads marketplace.
- High Availability AWS infrastructure with Docker.
- Integration with a cloud based CRM such as Salesforce.
- Fine grained access control.
- External APIs to our platform.
MirriAd is seeking a talented individual who can be a team player as well as being able to develop solutions on their own. Although the focus will be on backend development, there will occasionally be a need to work on the web UI. Skills in other languages, including Go, Python and C++ would be welcome.
- Good knowledge of Java, OOD, TDD, Refactoring, Data Store Design, HTTP, Web Applications, ReST Web Services.
- Experience of Jetty, ReST Web Services, JSON, Git or any distributed modern VCS. Use of JS, CSS and HTML5 will be beneficial.
- Experience with Groovy or other dynamic languages is preferable.
- Confidence in functional programming techniques is preferable.
- Able to work on Linux/Unix environment for development and production.
- Demonstrated experience in the above on previous projects.
- Confident in continuous refactoring and evolutionary design.
- Knowledge of Cloud architectures and patterns, ideally with experience in online selling/shopping field, distributed High Availability systems, AWS based.
- Knowledge of NoSQL ecosystem (such as MongoDB and Elastic search) and polyglot persistence.
- Show initiative, can-do attitude, ideally able to work at different levels on the project, from design, to deployment. Be a self-starter.
- Demonstrate ability to learn, ideally have passion for learning and being able to stay current by her/himself.
- Experience of more advanced micro services architectures such as Level 3 on the Richardson Maturity Model, Event Sourcing and CQRS would be beneficial.
- Ideally have experience working on advertising platforms or services for a content owner or agency.
- Contribute to the evolution of our online front end to our core computer vision technologies.
- Design and develop good tested code.
- Produce ready to deploy code, including maintenance of Docker scripts and integration tests.
- Collaborate with other developers, QAs, operations and business stakeholders.
- Work in a team and sharing knowledge, being able to Pair Program with developers at different levels. Passionate discussions are encouraged.
- Develop robust applications in a testable manner.
- Help to keep our high-availability promises, by careful design and using automated deployment.